There are many areas all over the world that were built without urban planning. As a result, some parts of the area become unused nowadays, though it could take years to build. To reuse the land or rebuild the structure into something else, they have to at least demolish the current building. There are ways to avoid that and instead, make it sustainable for many functions. One of the answers is by converting unused storage containers into a building. It has become trendy nowadays to turn shipping containers into functional structures, such as guest housing, office spaces, condos, and more. This might come practical, but sure there are things to consider and be sure about when modifying shipping containers. What are the perks and advantages? Along with the things to arrange before converting storage containers into a chic and convenient building.
Benefits of Using Shipping Containers as Buildings
- Using either of both used or new containers, they are relatively inexpensive.
- Shipping containers are often water-and windproof
- Containers can easily be adjusted to be more useful and unique.
- Shipping containers are relatively low-cost compared to building materials and their cost.
- The compact size makes it easy to renovate and modify.
- Mobility – They are pretty flexible to move around as you can pick any location to stay in place.
- Durability – Solid steel structure.
- Availability – Both new and used containers are constantly available all over the world.
- Ecological – Steels are reused for useful purposes.
- They are stackable and can be attached to one another. Whether functional apartments or dormitories, they can be as solid as a real structure.
Main things to consider before modifying a shipping container:
Heat and insulation
Both in warm and cold weather, a shipping container needs better insulation than conventional materials (stone, wood, etc.).
A container requires to be well isolated as it might accumulate some moisture over time. Ventilation between the isolation and the wall is important. Setting out ventilation is important to think about carefully.
Plumbing and Power Resources
Plan carefully where electrical pipes, wires, and fixtures will be. Consider how connections to the power grid and the sewer system work in advance.
Containers are sometimes used to transport hazardous materials, so used containers in particular need to be thoroughly cleaned.
Pay attention before making cuts
Changes and cuts may affect the sturdiness structure of the container. Make sure to plan through where to modify and how to adjust your modifications to avoid any excessive welding and cutting. Tradecorp has a wide range of customization options for shipping containers for sale. We will help you find the perfect container solution for your business or project needs. Find a variety of types and sizes of shipping containers, from standard ones to tanks, and customizable ones. We will have them ready for you at a reasonable price. Fill out the contact form on our page and we will respond to your inquiry promptly.